Tuesday, August 31, 2010

LOOK OUT NORTH PERTH

Okay, for the last 4 years, due to the situation I have been put into, I have had a wonderful education about municipal politics and how it should run. I have learned this by finding out that North Perth does not run that way. I have scarificed alot, taking a stand in what I believe in and have suffered financial losses along the way, among other things. But it would be a waste for me not to make use of what I have learned and I want to put it to some use.
So after much thought about what I have learned and what I believe in and my belief that it truly is time for a change in North Perth, I have decided that I will be filing with the Municipality of North Perth, tommorrow, that I intend to seek the nomination and run for council member for Atwood/Elma Township.
Not sure how many people actually read this but I am sure that you get that I am doing this for the right reason. I look forward to representing the PEOPLE and bringing change to not only North Perth as a whole but helping the town of Atwood develope into the thriving community it should be

9 comments:

jimm hillis said...

Congrats on your decision, and good luck.

SHERRIE MCTAGGART said...

Thanks Jimm

John Caffrey said...

good Luck on your run!!give 'em hell!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck

marshalldillon said...

Well done, Sherrie! The biggest hurdle I foresee is overcoming the "slime" coming your way with other council members saying your decision to run is entirely self serving.

Brace yourself! You thought it was ugly before.

I am so tired of all the bullies who live here. I have heard of other people who were harassed and mistreated because they dared to protest and/ or object to the Council unilateral policies and decisions.

Council can make life miserable. Bullies there mistreat ordinary Moms and Dads who in turn bully their kids and well the kids bully other kids.

There is a reason the High School and Council tired to shut down the anti-bullying website which was started by a Listowel resident who attended LDSS.

sherrie said...

Thank you for your wonderful comment, I SEE YOU ARE INFORMED ABOUT THEY WAY THINGS RUN.. I want to see more of these issues brought up here so encourage people to bring real issues here. I know about many and know that a lot of changes in North Perth need to happen. It is not self serving, it is just doing the right thing. You can either be a complainer, or you do something about it. That is why I am running and that is why I have not backed down... you have to do the right thing, Even if slime appears

alan said...

Best of luck Sherrie: It will both be a little exhiliarating and a little scary but I believe you will be glad you ran for Council.

Anonymous said...

Kudos :-)

dk said...

Good luck!
I agree with the other posters. There has been too much bulling by the municipality!
They use their by-law officer to bully people into compliance. I just love being told that we don't own our own property, that we are paying the mortgage on, instead, the municipality owns it.