Thursday, August 12, 2010

LONG OVERDUE RANT

Okay, so I have now read the Master Growth Plan , the Official Plan Amendments and I have come to some very awful conclusions. Under the guise of following policy and procedure it appears that all rules were followed, sort of. Well all the rules that are basic but nothing that would allow the taxpayer the correct information and that just burns my ass. The map that was included with the notices did not show any of the proposed changes being made and many people have no idea what the changes are or what the ramifications will be. Jack and Jill taxpayer do not have the time to read the unbelievable amount of documents needed to make an informed decision on some very important issues within our Municipality, and should not have to. We have elected officials that we entrust with representing us and looking out for our best interests. Shame on the council of North Perth. I hope none of you get voted back in, you should all be ashamed of yourselves. You are not looking out for the taxpayers .....just yourselves. One of the most important things missing in our Municipality at this time is accountability and transparency. The "do not tell them", they will not notice mentality has to stop. These people depend on the fact that no one is paying attention and can pass whatever they want because if no complaints are made.....everything is fine. And then try and change things, not gonna happen. I have personally filed a complaint against the North Perth Offical Plan and the Perth County Offical Plan to protect my property and others. But why should I have to? They should not be able to change any thing about my property without my knowledge and especially without my permission. I have spent 5 years arguing with the Municipality on many issues but the one that got me the most fines is with regards to where the Residential zoning is on my property which is zoned residential and commercial. That is why I bought my property and that long story is on here in older posts. I say it is above building number 1, they say it is building number 2. Now it no longer exist with the new amendments. Come on North Perth ,it is way overdue for a change, make this vote count this year and get rid of the crooked politicians who have got us into so much trouble. Put people in council who care about our communities, are accountable and transparent and are not part of the old boys club that got us here to begin with..... almost bankrupt of money and bankrupt of morals and ethics.
Just my opinion
Sherrie
North Perth Advocate

No comments: