Friday, January 27, 2012

THE STORY OF HYDRO BILLS ENDS................

It all started with a renovation to my building in December of 2010. We decided to update the hydro and put in new outdoor services for both stores. We had an outstanding bill for hydro and they were getting ready to disconnect the hydro. So I let them, saving me the $195.00 disconnection fee. Renovations took place and due to circumstance beyond my control the renovation came to a screaming halt. The new services were outside instead of inside, the smart meter was disconnected from the building and there was no wire from the hydro pole to the building. No hydro at all, anywhere. Then the bills for hydro started coming in, estimated for hydro usage.
Which brings me to here. It has taken over a year and many phone calls to my hydro provider, oh heck, Hydro One, after what I have been through I will use your name, to finally get them to bring my bill down to zero after hounding me for the $1000.00 approximately that they said I owed for hydro usage at a property, that had no hydro.When I refused on several occasions to pay the outstanding bill bill they would send out a hydro crew with two men to disconnect the already disconnected hydro. Yes I was laughing in my head. I was also laughing when more hydro staff was sent out to make sure I was telling the truth when I repeated the story about no meter, no hydro, for the I do not know how many times. After months go by and I am still trying to get the bill corrected I am told that the bill will not be corrected until I hand over the smart/dumb meter. I was accused of holding it hostage and for some reasons I do not understand it is very important for them to get it back. After what seems like forever and many calls with Hydro One and frustration taking over I filed a complaint with the Ontario Enegry Board and within a month the issue was resolved. I felt that Hydro One had a contract with me to deliver hydro and for that service I would pay the bill. There was no hydro delivered so why should there be a bill. But it took me over a year and some really rude and nasty hydro employees and the Ontario Energy Board to get the issues resolved. Oh and the other laugh in my head was when Hydro One made an offer to cut the bill in half. SERIOUSLY..............
So yesterdays phone call from the very friendly Hydro One employee was the reason I stand my ground for what is right. My bill has been corrected which is all I wanted in the first place.
So the moral of the story is to stand your ground for what you know is the truth. As much as people do not want it to be the truth it still is
..

No comments: