Sunday, January 30, 2011

BY JOE LETHBRIDGE - CAMBRIDGE CITIZEN

Like the wings of a butterfly
January 29, 2011
By joel
Like the wings of a butterfly upon my cheek

A gentle and innocent kiss I seek

A warm embrace in loving arms

To protect me from the world’s harms

We will lay upon the tall green grasses

Staring at the sky as the daylight passes

You grasp my hand and hold it tight

This is the love that feels so right

The kiss that felt like a feather; gently touching my skin

How that would feel; I don’t know where to begin

You hold be tight against your chest

A feeling of closeness ; that feelings the best

Tears stream down my face

I never want to leave this place

I feel safe in your arms as you hold me close

To have genuine love ; I want that the most

Joe Lethbridge

1 comment:

Alan said...

Joe: very beautiful and touching.