Friday, July 2, 2010

FRIDAY IN ATWOOD

HELLO NORTH PERTH. AS I FINISHED MY SUPPER TONIGHT AND WENT TO THE BACK YARD FOR A QUIET EVENING, FIREWORKS , SOME SPARKLERS, I NOTICED THE MASS COLLECTION OF STRANGE PEOPLE ON THE CORNER OF MY INTERSECTION WHERE MY STORE IS LOCATED.

When I started to walk towards the group the discussion of drug deals became quite loud and clear. After several minutes of voicing my opinion ( cleaned up for the blog unfortunately) about how they could get there drug deals out of my town and wondering if the police would even show up even if I made a call because normally they do not , I continued to tell them to get out of my town that what they were doing was not acceptable. Get your drug deals out of my town , and take it to where you live. How many people care enough about a community to do that and would take the chance? It really changed the way I had planned on spending my night . But at least I managed to diffuse something that could have beeen alot worse and something most people would not to do...... it takes but one voice ......... to make a difference.

And i do every day........and sleep well at night

No comments: