Thursday, November 8, 2012

HOW I AM COPING

E coli water, sewer gas inhalation and 2 bacterial infections. And lets not forget the undue stress caused by the Municipality of North Perth, while living in Atwood and I am still here.
It has been awhile since I have posted and it has mainly been due to my health issues. I have been suffering for many years from the side affects of all the above and everyday is a new challenge. I have seen a Doctor and that was just a waste of time and has made me even more cynical about our health system. Test after test and still no diagnosis as to why I am so sick or anyway to make me better. I thought that was what a doctor did. What a waste of time and tax dollars. I know what is wrong but the doctor has no idea. I am severely allergic to certain foods and not the usual foods, and I have chronic fatigue, or as I like to say, just tired of being sick.( oh and i forgot, painful arthritis) I can sleep for 16 hours a day but usually force myself to  to try and stay up and do what i can. My immune system has gone haywire and it seems certain foods as allergens and goes on the attack mode to get rid of it anyway possible. Many days spent sleeping on the bathroom floor because it is closer, not very comfortable, but closer. I have lost over 30 pounds and some hair and no longer have the strength to do most things that i could do before without effort . Some days I can barely walk up the 3 flights of stairs to my apartment and I do not go out alone in case I have a spell. I have turned to the health food industry for some relief and have totally changed my diet to the most boring food anyone should be forced to eat. I have found some relief from some supplements and protein powder. I try to avoid anything I know will cause a reaction which begins within 24 hours and lasts for a week. But living without pizza in so hard for someone who is now addicted to watching cooking shows to see all the foods that I can not eat.  I no longer remember what is like to be normal and eventually will come to the realization that this will be my life. What a harsh reality....... but it is now my reality

2 comments:

Alan said...

Wow a plethora of posts namely five at once. I'm sorry to hear of your physical tribulations Sherrie. Mine pale in comparison although for a fellow who seriously thought he could play competitive singles squash into his sixties the last few months have been an eye opener. Osteo arthritis has struck and as my 28 year old daughter has advised me; Dad it's not heavy labour or the pounding of running while playing squash; you're just old.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Allan. The arthritis in my legs makes my life miserable and has forced me to actually takes pain relievers. And yes it all is related somehow to my old age and my body saying enough already. One day at a time means alot to me now.